Community Action is a non-profit based out of the Salem, Or. area, we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees, we offer a broad range of opportunities providing services in Marion and Polk counties, our current program offerings are.
- ARCHES Project – A two-pronged program consisting of rural resource centers and housing services (RENT, ARCHES, Tenant – Based Assistance, Housing Stabilization Program and Housing Collaborative).
- Child Care Resource & Referral – The Child Care Resource & Referral of Marion, Polk & Yamhill counties (CCR&R) offers a variety of professional development support & technical assistance to all child care providers and staff. CCR&R is the local expert in connecting providers to a wide range of community resources and educational opportunities.
- Community Action Reentry Service (CARS) – As a partner of the Marion County Reentry Initiative, CARS provides supportive services for people who have recently been incarcerated. Services are hosted out of the De Muniz Resource Center, offering training, classes, and other tools to help clients successfully establish themselves in their communities post-incarceration.
- Energy Assistance – An assistance program that operates LIEAP (Low-Income Energy Assistance Program) to assist households with their energy bills.
- Head Start – A comprehensive preschool program serving low-income children ages 3-5, and their families throughout Marion and Polk counties.
- HOME Youth & Resource Center – A safe and supportive drop-in day center for homeless and disenfranchised street youth. Our priority is to connect youth to stable living environments while providing vital immediate services.
- Nutrition First – A reimbursement program for in-home certified, registered, and DHS listed family child care providers to help them provide nutritious food to children.
- Weatherization – We support low-income households by providing weatherization services to lower energy usage and promote energy efficiency.