COVID Rent Relief
Community Action is operating a COVID-19 Rent Relief program. Eligible households who have been impacted by a COVID emergency can receive rental assistance. These are funds provided by Oregon Housing and Community Services; dedicated to helping Oregonians during this crisis.
For information on assistance with utility bills, visit our Energy Services department.
Eligibility Criteria (per household)
- Below 80% Area Median Income per household size
- COVID-19 related emergency (i.e loss of income, or compromised health status / elevated risk of infection / vulnerability preventing you from regaining financial stability as a result of COVID-19)
- Verifiable need, such as past due rent and/or utilities
- Marion or Polk County resident
- Citizenship status is not required
Community Action can assist with the following for eligible households
- Housing re-location cost, such as application fees and refundable security deposits
- Housing stabilization assistance
To access Rent Relief funds
Please call 503-399-9080 Ext 4003 for a COVID Housing Questionnaire. These are offered Monday – Saturday, 8:00am – 3:00pm in English and Spanish (other languages are available as needed). You will be asked to leave a voicemail and a Community Action Assessor will contact you at their earliest availability.
— OR —
Complete a COVID Pre-Screening Questionnaire
Documents to have ready
- Last 30 days of all income from all household members 18 or over
- Contact info for your landlord/property management company
- Documentation of COVID related emergency:
- Denial of Unemployment -OR- proof that you’ve applied for Unemployment. (If you cannot get unemployment, that will not disqualify you.)
- Letter / Email / Text from employer showing your lay off, furlough status or drop in hours
- Copy or picture of photo ID for all adults over 18
- Rental / Lease / Roommate Agreement
If you cannot get any of the things above, please apply anyway! We may still be able to help.