“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.”
Need assistance? We have the following programs providing a wide range of services for our community. We primarily serve Marion and Polk counties, with some programs serving Yamhill and other surrounding communities. If you do not see what you need or simply want to find out more, please Contact Us.
- ARCHES Project – A two-pronged program consisting of rural resource centers and housing services (RENT, ARCHES, Tenant – Based Assistance, Housing Stabilization Program and Housing Collaborative).
- Child Care Resource & Referral – The Child Care Resource & Referral of Marion, Polk & Yamhill counties (CCR&R) offers a variety of professional development support & technical assistance to all child care providers and staff. CCR&R is the local expert in connecting providers to a wide range of community resources and educational opportunities.
- Community Action Reentry Service (CARS) – As a partner of the Marion County Reentry Initiative, CARS provides supportive services for people who have recently been incarcerated. Services are hosted out of the De Muniz Resource Center, offering training, classes, and other tools to help clients successfully establish themselves in their communities post-incarceration.
- Energy Assistance – An assistance program that operates LIEAP (Low-Income Energy Assistance Program) to assist households with their energy bills.
- Head Start – A comprehensive preschool program serving low-income children ages 3-5, and their families throughout Marion and Polk counties.
- HOME Youth & Resource Center – A safe and supportive drop-in day center for homeless and disenfranchised street youth. Our priority is to connect youth to stable living environments while providing vital immediate services.
- Nutrition First – A reimbursement program for in-home certified, registered, and DHS listed family child care providers to help them provide nutritious food to children.
- Weatherization – We support low-income households by providing weatherization services to lower energy usage and promote energy efficiency.