Welcome to HOME Youth Services

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”

― Dr. Seuss, Author

Helping ALL youth navigate their way to stability, growth and positive relationships.

HYRC provides a safe, supportive environment where youth can have their immediate needs met while positively connecting with their community.  All services are FREE.

Eligibility: Any youth between the ages of 11– 18 years old. If 18, must provide proof of being enrolled in or recently completed high school or GED program.

  • Day resource center open 365 days a year from 12pm – 7pm.
  • Access to basic needs such as laundry, showers, 3 meals daily, food boxes, clothes, toiletries, computers, TV & gaming, transportation, ID documents and more!
  • Street and community outreach including follow-up to youth run reports filed with law enforcement in Salem & Keizer.
  • Service navigation and guidance (case management).
  • Youth Empowerment Program (YEP): Paid internships for youth 14-18 years old along with job and life skills training.
  • Leadership and community service opportunities via our Youth Action Board (YAB) and CREW programs.
  • Positive adult relationships with staff, college interns and community leaders.
  • Emergency house (shelter) open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
  • Structured program to help youth find safety, stability and their place in the community.
  • 10 total beds available (co-ed).
  • Onsite meeting rooms for appointments, visits and recreation.

HYRC Program Brochure

HYRC Program Poster

Contact us with requests for printed copies.


We value each volunteer and intern as part of our team and have multiple opportunities to get involved. Join us!

Opportunities include activities such as:

  • Practicum and internships.
  • One time or periodic groups to deep clean, paint, organize supplies etc.
  • Collect and turn in cans for our Bottle Drop account.
  • Facilitate activities—sports, art, journaling, music etc.
  • Guest speaker for our Youth Empowerment Program or peer support groups.
  • Host a group of youth at your local business for an educational experience or internship.
  • Data entry and other administrative tasks.
  • Outreach—street and community based events.

Please note that due to the population we serve and hours of operation some opportunities are limited to specific days and times. Please contact us for more details.

For more information about volunteering or to find out how please Contact Us or fill out and return this form HYRC Volunteer Form

General Volunteer Guidelines:

  • 18 years old or older (exceptions for volunteer youth groups lead by adults).
  • Complete and clear criminal background check and sex offender registry ($30 fee)*.
  • Attend half day volunteer orientation*.

* exceptions for one time volunteers who will not interact with youth.


There are many reasons a youth might be at-risk, homeless and living with rotating friends (couch surfing), runaway or homeless living on the streets. It is our job to advocate with and for them to shine light on their unique needs and work together to actively pursue solutions.

Here are some interesting resources:

Contact Us

the Drop In:
625 Union St NE
Salem, OR 97301
Phone: 503-391-6428

Taylor’s House:
Phone: 971-273-7300

Send us mail

1 + 2 = ?

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: program.intake@usda.gov. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Contact Us if they would like a t-shirt, hat or sticker (gift with donation).

© Copyright 2019 – Mid-Willamette Valley Community Action Agency