“The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.”
Call to schedule an appointment.
Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm
Salem Area (503) 588-9016
Outside Salem Toll-free (866) 299-4216
Contact Energy to Schedule
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Senior & Disabled individuals: Appointments scheduled beginning of October and November
- General Public: Appointments scheduled end of November through March as funding is available.
Appointments can be scheduled in the Energy office or by calling 503-588-9016
Energy Assistance Coronavirus Relief Fund (EASCR-20)
- Funding available to households impacted by COVID19; lost job, reduced wages, etc.
- Eligibility based on 80% area median income, see chart
- Express enrollment available to households that include member enrolled in one of the following programs and provides current documentation of enrollment (additional income verification is not necessary).
- TANF, SNAP, WIC, – current statement showing benefit enrollment
- SSI – current year benefit verification letter that lists gross benefit
- Oregon Health Plan or Medicaid – verification of current enrollment
- DOEWX PY 2019 or 2020 – Printout from MWVCAA Weatherization
- LIHEAP or OEAP PY 2019 or 2020 –Energy to provide verification
Oregon Energy Assistance Program (OEAP)
- PGE & Pacific Power Customers: Scheduled in office or by phone (503) 588-9016
- Oregon low-income Gas Assistance (OLGA)
- Gas Assistance Program(GAP)
As funding is available, Energy schedules appointments for in office and phone interviews. Applicants are now given the option of completing a request for assistance in place of an appointment. Only completed requests will be accepted; fill out page 1 (if household has been impacted by COVID19 provide a brief description how in comments at bottom of page 1). The account hold (must live in home) needs to read and sign the disclaimer/release on page 2 and include all required backup documents listed on request.
Applications to apply for EASCR (English) (Spanish)
The following documents are required to determine eligibility:
Verification of Social Security Numbers for all household members is strongly encouraged and mandatory for some assistance programs (e.g. SS card, TANF documents, SS Documentation, etc.)Birth dates for everyone in the household and ID for those 18 years and older.
Proof of gross income received for the two months prior to appointment date.
If miscellaneous income was receive, complete form below and provide supporting documents
Declaration of Personal Income Form, (English) (Spanish)
Income includes, but is not limited to:
- Gross wages (pay stubs) received month prior to appointment
- Self-employment, verification of all income earned month prior to appointment and receipts for paid deductions
- Gross unemployment benefits, current printout or PIN
- Public assistance, Ex. TANF
- Social Security benefits, current year benefit verification letter showing gross benefits
- Veterans benefits, current year verification of gross benefits
- Work-study, gross earning received month prior to appointment
- Child support, case number, letter from payee, etc.
- Adoption assistance, gross payment received month prior to appointment
- Disability benefits, verification of gross amounts received month prior to appointment
- income/paid in cash , provide proof and fill out personal income form in office
Household members 18 years and older with zero income will be required to sign a Declaration of Zero Income form. You can find a copy by clicking below on your preferred language.
Declaration of Zero Income Form, (English) (Spanish)
Current heating and electric bill(s) for the current address at which you live (utility account holder must reside in the household and sign utility release)
If the household receives rental assistance, provide current subsidized housing statement or complete form in office