“The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.”
Call to schedule an appointment.
Mon-Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm
Salem Area (503) 588-9016
Outside Salem Toll-free (866) 299-4216
Contact Energy to Schedule
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Senior & Disabled individuals: Appointments scheduled beginning October 1
- General Public: Appointments scheduled November 1 through March as funding is available.
Appointments can be scheduled in the Energy office or by calling 503-588-9016
Oregon Energy Assistance Program (OEAP)
- PGE & Pacific Power Customers: Schedule only by phone (503) 588-9016 or toll-free (866) 299-4216 every Monday for appointments Tuesday-Monday
- Limited OEA Funding is received year round.
- Oregon low-income Gas Assistance(OLGA) funds received up to 2 times per program year.
- Gas Assistance Program(GAP)
- Call 503-588-9016 or come to the office to schedule an appointment.
You must bring the following documents that apply to your appointment or your assistance may be delayed:
Valid legal verification of Social Security Numbers for all household members is strongly encouraged and may be mandatory for some assistance programs (e.g. SS card, FSRN, SS Documentation, etc.)
Birth dates for everyone in the household and ID for those 18 years and older.
Proof of gross income received the full month prior to the appointment date, you can print and fill out the form below.
Declaration of Personal Income Form, (English) (Spanish)
Income includes, but is not limited to:
- Gross wages (pay stubs)
- Unemployment benefits
- Public assistance
- Social Security benefits
- Veterans benefits
- Child support
- Adoption assistance
- Disability benefits
- misc. income/paid in cash
Household members 18 years and older with zero income will be required to sign a Declaration of Zero Income form. You can find a copy by clicking below on your preferred language.
Declaration of Zero Income Form, (English) (Spanish)
Current heating and electric bill(s) for the current address at which you live (utility account holder must reside in the household and sign utility release if agency needs to confirm account information)
If the household receives rental assistance, a current subsidized housing statement is needed.