Nutrition First FDCH CACFP Benefits
Free to all those who participate:
Nutrition First staff are dedicated to child care providers and the children in their care. The program supports providers in their valuable role of providing service to children and families, and strives to build positive relationships with providers to help keep them in the field of child care.
Cash reimbursement for serving nutritious meals and snacks to children for in-home child care providers, regardless of family income. Reimbursement for meals to provider’s own children are also available, based on income eligibility.
- Easy-to-use provider handbook with information, sample menus, and recipe ideas.
- Individualized help with menu planning and record keeping.
- In-home nutrition education program designed especially for certified home providers, family child care providers and children. Receive free nutrition education materials, stickers, color sheets, and stories for the children.
- Free subscriptions to the “Nutrition First News” and “Check It Out”, both monthly publications with recipes, helpful hints, activities, and program updates.
- Free forms that are simple and easy to use. Free envelopes for mailing in forms. Computer fill-in forms are also available.
- Services in English, Spanish, Russian and Ukrainian.
- Experienced, professional staff. Prompt and friendly service and support by phone, email, and in person.
- Access to a registered dietitian, through the Oregon Department of Education.
- Convenient Salem location.
- Toll-free telephone number access for providers outside the Salem calling area.
- Year-end statement of reimbursement for tax purposes.
Help your child care business thrive because providing the Food Program attracts families to your child care home.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.